At Weil-McLain, we believe that sharing resources and ideas makes all of us stronger. In the midst of these uncertain times, the Weil-McLain team has assembled some helpful resources, articles and materials related to Covid-19 to help those managing their small businesses during this crisis. The links to these Small Business Resources are intended to provide you with convenient access to official information and reports, which may impact your business. Weil-McLain has not contributed to the content of the official information and reports and, therefore, makes no representation as to the accuracy or relevance to your business.
Industry HVAC Event Updates
- AHR Expo 2021 Update. AHR Expo show management recently announced they have officially cancelled the 2021 AHR Expo that was to take place in Chicago due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The AHR Expo team is shifting the focus to 2022 and looks forward to a great in-person show in Las Vegas!
Expert Recommendations for Small Businesses Operating in COVID Environment
- CDC Guidance. COVID-19 Employer Information for Office Buildings – During the COVID-19 pandemic, office building employers, owners and managers, and operations specialists can follow these updated guidelines from the CDC to create a safe and healthy workplace for workers and clients.
- COVID Prevention in the Workplace for Businesses and Workplaces from CDC – The CDC offers updated guidance and strategies for businesses, employers and for employees considering or preparing to return to the workplace to help prevent workplace exposure to COVID-19.
- OSHA Guidance and Resources for Workers and Employers – This webpage provides information for workers and employers about the evolving coronavirus outbreak. The information includes links to interim guidance and other resources for preventing exposures to, and infection with, COVID-19.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Coronavirus Small Business Guide – Link to U.S. Chamber of Commerce site: The coronavirus pandemic is affecting small businesses in a variety of ways. From loss of business to remote work, things are changing fast during the COVID-19 pandemic and businesses are being forced to adapt. CO is working to bring you the best resources and information to help you navigate this challenging time.
Guidance for Working In-Home during COVID-19 – The links below provide direction to companies and workers who perform repair or service work in homes such as plumbers, electricians and HVAC installation and repair. The first two links include recently published guidance from OSHA and the Department of Labor.
- OSHA Guidance on In-Home Services: The US Department of Labor (OSHA) has provided guidance for in-home repair service worker such as those providing plumbing, electrical, or HVAC installation and repair. This guidance supplements the OSHA General Interim Guidance for U.S. workers and employers of workers with potential occupational exposures to SARS-CoV-2.
- OSHA General Interim Guidance for U.S. workers and employers of workers with potential occupational exposures to SARS-CoV-2.
- Ways for HVAC Contractors and Technicians to remain healthy and safe during service calls – This is a link to an article that shares practical advice to protect yourself, your technicians and your homeowners from COVID-19 and other sicknesses when making service calls inside homes and businesses.
Small Business Resources
Small Business Administration (SBA) Programs & Links – Includes links to small business programs created by the CARES Act.
- Ways for HVAC Contractors and Technicians to remain healthy and safe during service calls - This is a link to an article that shares practical advice to protect yourself, your technicians and your homeowners from COVID-19 and other sicknesses when making service calls inside homes and businesses.
- HVAC Contractors and Technicians guide to indoor air quality and COVID-19 - This link will take you to the EPA site where you will find information and guidance on the operation and maintenance of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems specifically related to COVID-19.
- SBA COVID-19 Disaster Assistance – Direct Link to the SBA COVID-19 Disaster Assistance program. This program relates specifically to businesses affected by COVID-19.
- SBA COVID-19 Small Business Guidance & Coronavirus Funding Options – Link to SBA site location that provides various information and links for small businesses on the impact of COVID-19. Includes information on Coronavirus funding options.
- SBA Funding Programs & Corona Virus Relief Options – This link will take you to a library of resources provided by the Small Business Association that will assist small businesses overcome challenges related to COVID-19.
CARES Act – Small Business Paycheck Protection Program Resources
- US Department of Treasury CARES Act: Small Business Paycheck Protection Program – The Paycheck Protection Program has been extended by Congress. Deadline is August 8, 2020. Use this link to visit the US Department of Treasury site where you will find information, forms and an eligible lender search tool for the Small Business Paycheck Protection Program.
- Paycheck Protection Program Borrower Application Form – This is the application form that is posted on the U.S. Department of the Treasury site that must be completed and submitted to an authorized SBA lender.
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program – This is the direct link to the Small Business Administration (SBA) site that describes the Paycheck Protection Program that is provided for in the CARES Act, including a description of the program and a tool that will help you find a lender.
Federal and State Legislation for COVID – Includes Links to CARES Act information
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce CARES Act Summary – Link to U.S. Chamber of Commerce summary of the sections of the CARES Act that relate to small businesses.
- The National Law Review Summary of CARES Act – A brief summary of the key sections of the CARES Act prepared by The National Law Review. Includes small business and individual support sections.
- State Bills related to Coronavirus and COVID-19 – Links to GovPredict, a government affairs website that tracks pending legislation. This is a link to a special coronavirus summary list of state legislation under consideration.